[Skimmertalk] Follow-up on Skimmer with rtl_hpsdr (dongle driver)

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Jan 16 18:31:48 EST 2018

Good news --

I've been exchanging emails off-line with N1GP and he's pushed updates
to the librtlhpsdr github that fix my problem.  With the latest code,
Skimmer Server now connects to rtl_hpsdr just as it should (you get one
Skimmer error at the beginning, but on the second try it connects and
works fine).

I'm hoping to have a proof-of-concept system running during the VHF
contest this weekend.  We won't have great antennas, and the poor
dongles will have to deal with KW amps in the same building (at the N8ZM
contest site in SW Ohio), but hopefully we'll get a chance to at least
try things out.

Thanks, Rick!

73,
John