[Skimmertalk] Follow-up on Skimmer with rtl_hpsdr (dongle driver)

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Jan 16 15:47:53 EST 2018

Update:

I was able to contort things into working, and actually capturing a
spot.  The condition was:  Skimmer was running but rtl_hpsdr was not, so
Skimmer was reporting "No HPSDR Receiver Found".  Then I started
rtl_hpsdr and on the next attempt, Skimmer found it and connected.  I
sent a CQ (into dummy load) and it was spotted.

I have not been able to reproduce this, though. :-(

Right now, I'm working on capturing the ethernet packets between the two
machines in the hopes that might help the developers figure out what's
going on, because I'm at a loss.  Stand by.

John
----