[Skimmertalk] beacons.csv and beacon spotting

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Jan 19 07:55:40 EST 2018

Our VHF/UHF Skimmer is going to mainly hear beacons, and that's the main
value of the project -- to use them as a sign of propagation enhancement.

I found Pete's blog articles about optimizing for NCDXF beacons
(http://reversebeacon.blogspot.com/2014/02/ncdxf-beacon-spotting-redux.html
and
http://reversebeacon.blogspot.com/2017/09/beacons-revisited-checklist.html).
  From that, I'm guessing that the Watch.lst file might be helpful,
though most of our beacons do send their call more than once.

I also notice that there is a beacons.csv file, but I can't find any
documentation about it.  The only reference seems to be in a list
posting by W3OA
(http://dayton.contesting.com/pipermail/skimmertalk/2013-August/001214.html)
but that doesn't indicate what the contents of the file should be.

Can anyone provide a pointer on how to populate and use that file?

Thanks!

73,
John