[Skimmertalk] Omni Rig connect to Icom 7610?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Apr 8 15:15:07 EDT 2018

What is the timestamp and size of the *IC-7610.ini* file in *C:\Program
Files (x86)\Afreet\OmniRig\Rigs\* ?

You should see:

02/17/2018  01:24 PM             7,492 IC-7610.ini

The original version of IC-7610.ini file had initialization errors, which I
fixed.  Subsequently, users have reported success using the latest
version.   Download the latest version from:

http://dxatlas.com/OmniRig/Files/RigIni.zip

Note that WinZip by default cannot extract any files directly into the
Program Files directory, since it is "protected".  You have to run WinZip
as an Administrator, if using WinZip.  When prompted "Do you want to
replace?", say YES to all files.

It's very easy to accidentally extract the files into a "VirtualStore"
directory which is what Windows does if you try to update files in
C:\Program Files without running as Administrator.  Uses Windows File
Explorer to open the following directory:

%localappdata%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)

If you see a subdirectory there named *Afreet*, and a *Rigs* sub-directory
under that, the files are not in the right place and Skimmer will not use
them.

It is also suggested to upgrade your IC-7610 firmware to the latest
version,1.06, which you may download here:

https://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/firm/IC-7610/1_06/

If you still can't get it to work, please send me a screen shot of your
OmniRig setup (both rigs), and your Rigs tab in CW Skimmer.  The baud rate
has to be set to match the radio's menu, and you should set RTS and DTR to
Always Low, not Handshake.  Of course in CW Skimmer, you have to tell
Skimmer which OmniRig radio to use, Radio 1 or Radio 2.