[Skimmertalk] Skimmer Server with Elad sdr - questions

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Feb 20 01:12:43 EST 2017

Don,

Comments below.

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 7:25 PM, Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> First question...   cw limits.  I have chosen 192 khz in the skimmer server
> (v1.5).  However Aggregator 4.3 reports the bandwidth is quite a  bit less.
> For example, on 160m I can only cover up to 1840 khz.  I've attempted to
> change this via the ini files, with no luck.  Obviously I'm missing
> something as there should be lots of spots above 1840.

Probably the wrong SkimSrv.ini file was changed, or Aggregator is using a
different one than the that one that was edited.  Look in:

%appdata%\Afreet\Products\SkimSrv\SkimSrv.ini

and compare it to the one edited, and to the one specified by Aggregator
under the .ini files tab.  %appdata% will automatically expand to

C:\Users\*yourWindowsID*\AppData\Roaming

when used in a File | Open dialog or CD command.  If everything looks OK,
send us a copy of your SkimSrv.ini file so we can have a look.

Second question...  I also have the Elad FDM-S2 rx, using the same software
> as the Duo.  I would much rather use this device but it isn't recognized by
> the software.  Is there a way to enable it?  The drop menu only shows the
> Quicksilver and the Duo, yet I know others are using the Perseus and SDR-IQ
> receivers for skimmer server so there must be a way to add more devices?

First, open a command prompt with Administrator Privileges (right click on
the Comand Prompt icon, then select *Run as adminstrator*).  Next, copy the
ExtIO DLL supplied with the Elad into your SkimSrv installation directory,
usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Afree\SkimSrv\ .

Exit and restart SkimSrv and the Elad should be listed..