[Skimmertalk] Skimmer Server with Elad sdr - questions

Don Moman VE6JY ve6jy.1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 22:25:12 EST 2017

I have had the CW Skimmer Server running for the last while, using the Elad
Duo.  Works well, can select two bands to skim. Was hoping for more but
that appears to be the limit.  Currently as ARRL DX CW is underway and the
guest op is running 40 in the other room, I see the server reporting~600+
decoders,  ~1200 spots in 30m and CPU in the 8-10% area so there seems to
be lots of unused capacity.

I am new to this but have read thru the archives and haven't found the
answers so here goes:

First question...   cw limits.  I have chosen 192 khz in the skimmer server
(v1.5).  However Aggregator 4.3 reports the bandwidth is quite a  bit less.
For example, on 160m I can only cover up to 1840 khz.  I've attempted to
change this via the ini files, with no luck.  Obviously I'm missing
something as there should be lots of spots above 1840.

Second question...  I also have the Elad FDM-S2 rx, using the same software
as the Duo.  I would much rather use this device but it isn't recognized by
the software.  Is there a way to enable it?  The drop menu only shows the
Quicksilver and the Duo, yet I know others are using the Perseus and SDR-IQ
receivers for skimmer server so there must be a way to add more devices?

73 Don
VE6JY