[Skimmertalk] CwSkimmer 1.8 problems

Mark n2qt n2qt.va at gmail.com
Wed May 11 18:22:12 EDT 2016

ok this is driving me nuts.

I have a new install of Win 10 Pro 32 bit, new install of CWSkimmer 1.8 all on an older dual core Dell Optiplex 755.

The CWskimmer is set to run by Administrator when it is invoked. I start it from its file location to avoid using a shortcut
that may complicate things.

Everything works, can shut and restart CWskimmer  . . .  until it doesn't.   This can be in time duration from a couple to many
hours, it never runs more than a day.  There is generally no complaint and it runs fine until I try to shut it down.

The failure message when trying to shutdown CwSkimmer is:

Unable to write to
C:Users\skimmer\AppData\Roaming\Afreet\Products\CwSkimmer\CwSkimmer.ini

my user account (the only one on this machine) is skimmer to explain that.

I cannot end the CWskimmer task by clicking close or the Red X box.  If I do a ctrl-alt-del to get to task manager to
close it there, I get this error:

The sign-in process couldn't display security, and sign-in options when Ctrl-Alt-Delete was pressed. If Windows doesn't
respond, press Esc, or use the power switch to restart.

Esc doesn't do anything, left clicking the WIndows Icon in the lower left of the screen does nothing but right clicking the
Windows icon does open that menu and give the option to shut down, which it does.

Restarting, everything is good, can shutdown and restart CwSkimmer at will until it doesn't.

I assume I have some privilege violation that comes up over time, but I don't have a clue.  Only other thing on this machine
that may be questionable is the Quartet soundcard. This card is an orphan and I'm running the last beta release driver for it.
I like how this soundcard works, but will replace it with something else if there are no other suggestions.

Mark n2qt

Mark. N2QT