[Skimmertalk] RttySkimSrv 1.2 not recognizing many CQs

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun May 8 19:37:11 EDT 2016

I wrote to VE3NEA and he replied:

This is by design. A callsign needs at least two CQ's near it to be marked
> as running.

He further clarified that if PY2CX sent

CQ CQ  ARI TEST DE PY2CX PY2CX CQ

(extra CQ at the end of the message), RTTY Skimmer would have recognized
his CQ and spotted him far more often.

Another possible explanation is that I'm running on Windows XP, where I
found both Contest.ini and RttySkimServ.ini in two places:

C:\Program Files\Afreet\RttySkimServ\
%appdata%\Afreet\RttySkimServ\

I specified Contest=ARI, but only updated one copy of Contests.ini; maybe
it was looking in the wrong place.  Maybe it never reads Contest.ini from
\Program Files\Afreet even if that's where it reads RttySkimServ.ini.