[Skimmertalk] CwSkimmer 1.8 problems

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu May 12 14:18:24 EDT 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Mark n2qt <n2qt.va at gmail.com> wrote:

> The CWskimmer is set to run by Administrator when it is invoked. I start
> it from its file location to avoid using a shortcut
> that may complicate things.

Is the .ini file marked "Read only"?  Can you manually edit it and save it
with Notepad?  If not, it's a privileges issue.

It really sounds like you are not signed in with an ID that has
Administrative privileges, or that CW Skimmer is not running with
Administrator privileges (though I'm not sure why that would be required).
Or maybe it *is * running with Adminstrator Privileges, and won't let
"ordinary" userids (non-Administrators) shut it down.

Are you starting it by double clicking on the .exe file, or by right
clicking the .exe file and selecting "Run as an administrator"?  Or are you
opening up command prompt (without adminstrator privileges), and then
typing CWSkimmer.exe?