[Skimmertalk] Couple of questions

Wes Cosand wes.cosand at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:09:24 EST 2016

A second thought.  You probably have already taken care of this, but if
there are questions about whether  Petr Paryzek's CWSL_Tee.dll is installed
correctly you can find directions for all this at

http://reversebeacon.blogspot.com/2013/03/magic-with-qs1r-two-apps-at-once.html

Good luck

Wes

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 9:46 PM, W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu at w0mu.com> wrote:

> I have a QSR1 and have broadcast band filter on my antenna which currently
> is a Cushcraft R8 10-40m.  I am getting over 100 to 200 decoders on 160
> cw???  Is there something I need to do with the receiver to adjust the
> noise level or something?  I turned off 160 and then I started seeing
> decoders popping on 15m and the band is dead. I restarted the QSR1 and that
> seemed to stop the 15m issue but the 160 one continues to grow.
>
> I attempted to run an RTTY skimmer on the same computer but it appears to
> be under powered to handle the task.  It is an older quad core with 16 GB
> of ram.  Adding in the RTTY component was killer.    I guess I will try one
> of my son's older gaming rigs which I think is an I7 and see if that can
> handle the load.  I checked my ini files and they are in sync.  Is there
> anything else to check before attempt to load up the other machine.  I am
> using the 30 day trial of the the RTTYserver.  That should not be an issue
> should it?
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> W0MU

Wes Cosand