[Skimmertalk] Current SDR choices for CW skimmer?

Prasad VU2PTT vu2ptt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 10:56:30 EDT 2015

Just reviving this old thread.

I have now got my hands now on an SDRPlay receiver ($150) and seems to be a
good candidate to cover 3 adjacent HF bands in one device.This one can
cover 8 mhz at a time between 100 kHz to 2 Ghz and uses a 12-bit ADC -
frequency accuracy is pretty good and frequency seems to be stable. I am
using this as a wide band pan adapter for the TS-590SG and sensitivity
seems to be on par if not better than the radio.

See www.sdrplay.com - if we can now get Skimmer Server to work with this
would simplify matters to cover all bands at once - or even have a couple
of these to cover 6 bands at once :)

Shipping speed from the UK was amazing and I received it within a week.

73 de Prasad VU2PTT