[Skimmertalk] Communication CW Skimmer <=> FT2000 - help needed

KD7YZ kd7yz at denstarfarm.us
Fri Feb 6 08:31:54 EST 2015

On 06-Feb-2015,  Pete (N4ZR)  sent :

> I don't understand why you don't use the SDR-IQ stand-alone.  You
> can get the receive antenna off the back of the K3 and listen
> directly and independently of where the K3 is tuned.  Use SkimScan
> to tune the SDR-IQ, including automatic rotation of bands and       schedules.

heh  heh  .... once upon a time, right after I got the SDR-IQ, I, uh,
rather  inadvertently,  uh,  hmmmm, DESTROYED the input, due to rather
extreme overload

[big sigh here]

Alex  told  me  that  the  IF was a safe place from which to gather the
sigs. I've stayed with that.

I'd like to try your idea. What port on the rear-apron are you tapping
from, for the input to SDR-IQ?

Also, I wasn't familiar with 'skim scan' and will look it up.

For  the 3 QSO's I have made with K1N, I've been looking at SpectraVue
to  see  where  he was listening. Of course that didn't help me try to
report via RBN. But it sure was a huge help in making the contacts the
last couple days.

Again, thanks for the help and suggestions.