[Skimmertalk] Communication CW Skimmer <=> FT2000 - help needed

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Feb 6 08:13:41 EST 2015

I am flying blind here, because I have never tried to use an SDR-IQ in
this role. I *think* that you need to use some other program to control
the SDR-IQ and set it to the IF frequency of the K3. SkimScan might do
it. All that Omnirig does is to read the frequency of the K3's VFOA and
correct the readout in CW Skimmer to track with the VFO as you tune off
the starting frequency.

I don't understand why you don't use the SDR-IQ stand-alone.  You can
get the receive antenna off the back of the K3 and listen directly and
independently of where the K3 is tuned.  Use SkimScan to tune the
SDR-IQ, including automatic rotation of bands and schedules.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.