[Skimmertalk] CQ and DE calls in RTTY Skimmer Server and CW Skimmer Server

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Feb 3 07:33:34 EST 2015

Wes, I have had SkimServ forwarding everything for some time. Looking at
the Skimmer Traffic tab on my Aggregator, I have no reason to believe
that spots without CQ or DE are any less accurate than spots that have
the tags.  From my experience with the original CW Skimmer, I believe
that decoding and tagging are separate processes - I often see stations
appear on the callsign list without a CQ or DE tag, and then change once
the requirements for tagging are met.

I don't know if Alex reads this reflector or not, but he's the only one
who can answer for sure.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,