[Skimmertalk] CQ and DE calls in RTTY Skimmer Server and CW Skimmer Server

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Feb 2 23:51:09 EST 2015

If you watch CW Skimmer decode CW real time, you can see what's going on.
It adds the DE tag only when it confirms that someone sends "DE *callsign*"
(it has to hear "DE").  Same for CQ or TEST, if it hears those, then it
adds the CQ tag.  If it hears the same call later, on the same frequency,
it continues to flag it as a CQ.

If it does not hear CQ/TEST/DE, it just posts the call without a DE or CQ
tag.  Most of these decoded calls are valid assuming you use "normal"
Validation on the *Calls* tab (with CW Skimmer, but not Skimmer Server),
and an updated MASTER.DTA.

Calls posted are verified according to MASTER.DTA and Patt3ch.lst, so yes,
all calls are verified in the same way; the CQ or DE or (missing) tags are
not an indicator of decoding accuracy.