[Skimmertalk] Barking up wrong tree ? Flex and CW Skimmer Alignment (again!)

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Sat Jun 15 07:32:34 EDT 2013

Thanks for reporting this, Andy. I don't think it is the RBN that's off,
because each RBN station independently makes its own reading of the
spotted station's frequency, and we don't tamper with that at the
server.  We do dynamically check spots made by each station with a
complex dynamic network of reference stations (also on the RBN), and
quickly notify anyone who is off-frequency by more than +/- 0.2 KHz.

I suspect this is something in your Flex setup, but I can't begin to
guess what it might be.  Have you talked to VE2WU? Marten has a Skimmer
running on his Flex, with no big frequency discrepancies.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.