[Skimmertalk] Skimmer with N1MM

F5vjc foxfive.vjc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 22:03:31 PST 2012

 As a new user of Skimmer, I'm now trying to learn how best to use it.

I have successfully set it up with my logger N1MM and it feeds spots
into the band map via telnet, all very cool.

Why would I now need to feed spots from another cluster (or RBN) when
I have my own local skimmer which gives me spots I can actually hear,
and hopefully work.

I know there is software available to do this,  'Clusterjoin' for
example but what is the advantage in doing this to feed in duplicate
and non workable spots from other cluster/s?

I'm only interested in CW contesting and can of course see the need
for this in SSB contests.

I'm trying to see the overall big picture here, am I missing something ?

I only participate very small time for fun in SOA  but I like to use
all the available new tools for assistance...

What is the current thinking in using Skimmer in CW contests?

Appreciate any comments,

73, Deni
F5VJC