[Skimmertalk] RBN and busted calls was:Re: Skimmer Server & CQWW: one year late

Dave Pascoe davekm3t at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 08:14:17 PST 2010

I ran in Normal mode because it seemed like Aggressive was being way
too restrictive.  In retrospect I should have left it in Aggressive.
I am still getting up to speed on evaluating Skimmer performance.

I ran a QS1R in 96kHz mode hooked to two antennas:
 1) A DX Engineering active receive vertical out in the woods.
 2) An 80m OCF dipole  up around 50-60 feet out in the woods.

I was running a temporary machine, 2GB RAM, Windows XP Home Media
Edition.  I forget what CPU it had - it was a Dell desktop, several
years old.  I was getting 100% decoding and I wasn't there so I didn't
get a chance to get any data on how many decoders were running.

Thanks for the .ini file tips - when I get a permanent machine I will
look more closely.

I am also trying to figure out how to spec a machine so I can run a
node more permanently.

73,
Dave KM3T

Ty K3MM wrote:
"I started out running aggressive the first night, but then switched
to Normal and I discovered that greatly increased the busted calls
coming from my node.  I was elsewhere operating the contest, so I
couldnt switch it back easily.  I noticed that KM3T also seemed to be
supplying a lot of busted calls."