[Skimmertalk] Logbook for skimmer

Joe Hetrick jhetrick at bitjanitor.net
Sat Dec 19 12:38:02 PST 2009

Trevor,
   You don't specify "logging" but it wouldn't be very difficult to
stuff this data into a second Logbook (I'm thinking specifically one
defined in HRD) as SWL via ODBC driver; is this the sort of
functionality you're takling about; eg talk to an existing logbook, or,
something to create an entirely new logbook?  I could invest some cycles
in this if folks would find it useful.  I've only recently come to HRD,
so, I have some fire to play with it a bit :)

  On the side: I haven't heard complaints, but, my 160M skimmer still
spots pretty heavily on the image frequency.  I've got pretty good data
populated in the I/Q Balance,  don't know why it isn't less "dirty".

At times I think it'd be neat if aggregator had a way to suppress spots
that *could* be on or near the image.  Typically I'll spot twice and one
is many db down on the other, so, suppress the lower signal.  Though,
watching it, it's not always that easy to find.  Ideas anyone?

73,
KC0VKN