[Skimmertalk] Skimmer and Live Audio

Stan Stockton k5go at cox.net
Tue Dec 9 11:29:52 EST 2008

David,

Yes, QSB, changes in noise, etc. will have an effect for sure.

Speaking of storms, last night we had one.  I went to the station this
morning and found that the USB ports on the computer do not work and the
SDR-IQ will not come on.  Tried plugging it in another computer in my
office with a working USB port and no success either.  Trying to get
attention of RF Space to see what to do next.  If anyone has any
thoughts I would appreciate hearing them.

Until this happened, what I was going to do was run a test on a band
with no noise and have a line of sight signal with no QSB and run it
about 25 times to see if I got an accurate reading of what the dB
difference should be between various levels of power. If that test would
prove that the thing is dead on, then it would be interesting to use
this for some comparisons of antennas and stations.

While I was there I put the IC-765 on 14050.  You can hear the audio
right now by going to

http://71.29.254.161:88/broadwave.asx?src=1&kbps=128

I left the filter in the wide position and the antenna is a 1000 foot
beverage NE.  The S meter can be viewed at www.k5go.com Click on live
camera and then JAVA or ActiveX.  There is a delay of 10-20 seconds.

Stan, K5GO