[Skimmertalk] Skimmer and Live Audio

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Dec 9 15:42:48 EST 2008

Dave is correct on all counts, except that there is NO control on antennas,
sensitivity, qth quality (industrial noise), etc.  So any report is purely
relative to other stations received at the same Skimmer, and, as he points
out, noise sensitive.  I spent a while trying to work my own signal
comparison with OY3JE, whose 20M antenna evidently was pointed toward
Europe, putting me off the side.  He didn't hear me at all - how dismaying!!!

I hope to have an omni vertical skimmer antenna here sometime soon.

73, Pete