[Skimmertalk] Skimmer and Live Audio

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Dec 8 15:29:17 EST 2008

At 03:02 PM 12/8/2008, Stan Stockton wrote:
>I would love to be able to access something similar in Europe and be
>able to do some antenna testing, seeing and hearing for myself what the
>differences are between two antennas.

Stan, I realize it lacks the "hear for myself" factor, but all you have to
do is look on skimmer.dxwatch.com, find out if there is a skimmer on in
Europe on your band of interest, and then call CQ on Antenna A.  Wait to
see if you're spotted and then change frequency slightly and call CQ on
radio B.  Assuming you're spotted again, the two spots will give the
relative signal-to-noise ratio of the two CQs.

Of course, this all depends on getting more skimmers on the air.  We could
particularly use Skimmers in Japan, South America  and Australia, as well
as more bands everywhere.