[Skimmertalk] Skimmer and Live Audio

Stan Stockton k5go at cox.net
Mon Dec 8 16:15:49 EST 2008

Pete,

This is something I wanted to ask about anyway.  Are those numbers
pretty accurate or relatively accurate to each other?

Perhaps it is just a bad assumption to think that stations are running
anywhere close to 1500W.  It is hard to see how some stations are 30 dB
higher in Europe than others in close proximity with antennas that are
within 3 dB of the same gain.  Seems a lot more than could be explained
by QSB if it is accurate.

I guess a good trial would be to call CQ with a given amount of power,
quickly cut it in half and call again to see if the results are a
decrease by 3 dB.  Has anyone done this?

Stan