[Skimmertalk] Radio CAT Control Problem Icon with SDR-IQ

W3OA w3oa at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 5 19:28:34 EST 2008

I've just installed an SDR-IQ and thought I had a CAT problem because
the icon in the bottom left corner of the waterfall window was
frequently red. After a few hours trying different things I rolled the
mouse over the icon. A message pops up saying "Status 4: A/D Clipping".
I wonder what this means, if I should worry about it, and how to fix
it.  Changing th HF Gain and IF Gain in the Radio Settings window
doesn't seem to change the behavior.

73 - Dick, W3OA