Yaesu

[Yaesu] Yaesu Digest, Vol 42, Issue 5

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Yaesu Digest, Vol 42, Issue 5
From: "LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad" <la5he@otterstad.dk>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 21:21:39 +0200
Obviously, there are many ways to evaluate a radio.I have had a D modell for
some 10 years  az OZ8RO.
Upon retirement I moved back to my native Norway and acquired a MP mkV.

For me the biggest differenence was on on 160 m. In summer QRN I  called CQ
and heard a weak signal coming back, but it was not readable.
After switching on the DSP and playing with the options of the MP mk V  I
could  actually copy ZP6CW  with a Q5, while on D i Had problems.

So in that sort of circumstances the MP mkV was superior. In ordinary
situations the D is just as good  IMHO.

73

" RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.

For more information about Telemark take a look at :
www.telemarksnett.no/en/index.html