Yaesu

[Yaesu] FT857D Problem?

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT857D Problem?
From: Edward Soriano <docward87@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:47:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hi!

  Recently bought an FT857D from Dayton (HRO).

  Tested it today.

  Received function ok.

  But noticed one thing in the transmit.

  On normal talk (SSB) I cannot put out 100w base on its power meter. The meter
dances between 40-50 watts I guess.

  Tested it in a dummy load and a tuned yagi.

  Whistling or shouting in the mic pushes the meter to 90-100w.

  I already turned on the speech processor, set the power to 100w, mic gain at
50.

  Cant help comparing it with my FT847 which has great talk power.

  Is this normal for the rig? or I just missed some important settings.

  Thanks.

  Enjoyed Dayton.

  Ed Soriano
  4F1OZ