[WriteLog] W5XD keyer control

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD keyer control
From: carsten.steinhoefel@web.de (Carsten Steinhöfel)
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 14:39:31 -0000
hmm, for me the possibility to switch off dot/dash memory is more
important. I wonder who invented these in the first place anyway.
You have to move your fingers even faster... Unfortunately most
rigs internal keyer has these memories. I just can't get used to
them.

I learned iambic keying with an home made sensor keyer because I
could not afford mechanical paddles at the time (at school). On
my SuperKeyer I always use "V9".

Another option would be to allow straight key input into the W5XD
Keyer. You would lose speed control for the paddles but at least
you had side tone in SO2R with the paddles.

73 Carsten  DL1EFD