[VHFcontesting] Mount Moosilaukee removal

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Mount Moosilaukee removal
From: Howard Reynolds <wa3eoq@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 11:18:28 -0400
That can't be any worse than what York County, ME did to Mt. Agamenticus.
W1DC/1 from the top of that mountain (1200 Radio Club out of Waltham, MA)
was my first 2m Maine contact back in 1970 using a Heathkit Twoer from a
fire tower in Maryland.  My wife half grew up in Maine and had been to the
top of Mt. A long before I got there.  It was always free and we even threw
in donations to keep it going.  Now, York County, in their infinite wisdom,
built a pay parking lot at the bottom and placed No Parking signs all along
the access road so you have to use their pay lots.  Plus parking at the
bottom or top, requires you to be able to use QR codes to pay.  End of
soapbox.

After a two week absence which, unfortunately, included last week's 222
Sprint, it was good to be back on the 222 Activity Night.  I was greeted
with poor to nominal conditions, but was still able to work the usual
stations.  Since I was in Portugal and Spain, I even missed the eclipse,
but the trip was worth it - hi. WA3EOQ