[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night FN55 Report

To: "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night FN55 Report
From: Paul N1BUG FN55mf <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 20:19:33 -0400
Wow!!! Guess who made it for 222 Activity Night!? Oh boy, it was good to
be on 222 again, if only for an hour or so!! I continue to sleep poorly
and must get up at 3 AM, which makes evenings rough. I am absolutely
dead by 7 PM, usually already asleep. Anyway, I was only on for an hour
and didn't work any DX but did manage 10 QSOs:

K1KG   FN34   CW
N1JEZ   FN44   SSB
K1WHS   FN43   SSB
KV1J   SSB   SSB
WZ1V   CW   FN31
KC1V   CW   FN31
K1KG   CW   FN42
WB2VVV   CW   FN41
WA1MBA   FT8   FN51
WA1NLG   FT8   FN41

Everyone had good signals. I would say most were stronger than usual.

I do see a pattern with my appearances. The last time I managed to be
functional enough on a Tuesday evening to get on was last fall when I
was actively working on the 10 GHz beacon project. I hadn't worked on
that until about a week ago, and here I am making an appearance. This is
no surprise to me. A good challenging and interesting project helps in
so many ways, which is one reason I seek them out.

I was asked about the 432 Sprint tomorrow night. I will TRY to be on,
but no promises. I still only have 25 watts on 432. I do have a big
honking amplifier sitting here, but it is not on the air yet. When it
does go online it will be limited to 300 watts or so until I find or
more likely build a driver amplifier, then 1200 to 1500 watts after that.

73,
Paul N1BUG FN55mf