[VHFcontesting] Roving120 VAC

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Roving120 VAC
From: russell beech via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 19:44:54 +0000 (UTC)
 I use a pair of 120 VAC rotors and a 120 VAC Laptop charger.  I have used
purpose built inverters rated up to 300W but not found them very effective.  I
now use a UPS that has 'black start' capability IE I am able to tell it to
provide 120V 60 Hz without first connecting to the mains.
It makes some noise but it not the largest contributor to the mobile noise
floor.  I estimate that too be the cell chargers, a laptop second screen and
the laptop itself.
The noise is also most noticeable while rotating the array.  Some thing that is
done often but is not continuous.
73RussellVE3OIL