[VHFcontesting] ARRL Jan VHF WZ1V

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Jan VHF WZ1V
From: "Ron Klimas WZ1V" <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 12:28:35 -0500

3.4:
5.7:
10G:
24G:
-------------------
Total: 328 103 Total Score = 52,633

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:
Got off to a good start almost, then 45 minutes into the contest,
my Logitech wireless keyboard/touchpad died. Missed the next 1.5 hours
diagnosing/fixing broken software/firmware update issues. No fun.
After that, the early burst of activity was gone, spent the rest of
the contest calling CQ with few answers and limited response from
the ON4KST chat page. SSB-CW activity was noticeably down from last year.
I made just one FM contact, it was on 222 MHz with WB2AMU.
No Es observed on 6M and only 3 meteor contacts to EM79, EL99, EM62.
On a positive note, had no other equipment issues and my recently repaired
1296 station performed flawlessly. Notable CW contacts on that band
included WS3C FM19, K1ZK FN34, KV1J AND N1JEZ FN44, N2JMH FN12,
and an awesome 395 miler with VE3DS FN03 (airplane-scatter-enhanced).
TNX for the QSOs.

73 Ron WZ1V