[VHFcontesting] W3CMP/R Results

To: "packrats-members@mailman.qth.net" <packrats-members@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W3CMP/R Results
From: CHRISTOP PATTERSON <w3cmp@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 09:28:38 -0500 (EST)
Good morning all -

     Spent a pleasant 6 hours on the radio while driving up the I-85 and I-95
corridor yesterday from Apex NC, FM-05 to Lancaster PA FN10.  Station was a
Kenwood TM-255A 2 meter multimode  and the antenna was a Hustler 5/8 wl mag
mount on the roof of the rental minivan.  Had no great expectations since
antenna was vertically polarized and I was running light bulb power.
Surprisingly, I made 11 contacts, and could have had a few more if stations I
heard had heard me.  Worked Aaron, W4JST/R FM07 while in a number of grids in
VA, K3RZ FM19 from two grids and a few other people.  Most Surprised at how
well the thrown together station worked. Got to Lancaster right before 2:00
p.m.
    Now I have to napkin log to readable format and submit.

73,
Chris Patterson W3CMP