[VHFcontesting] Good frequencies for 2m CW & SSB?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Good frequencies for 2m CW & SSB?
From: Howard Reynolds <wa3eoq@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 19:21:06 -0500
Hi Jim, Unfortunately, SSB and CW are intermixed frequency wise these
days.  I'd say set your memories to 144.180 and every 5 or 10 kHz above
that to around 144.230.  (144.200 is the calling frequency.)  Soapbox: The
calling frequency used to be 144.110 or 144.125, so it was easy to make a
few dial turns into the exclusive CW area below 144.100, i.e., no sideband
interference from nearby SSB signals there.  Moving the calling frequency
to 144.200 (to which I objected) eliminated the easy QSY to the exclusive
CW area.  As a result, CW and SSB signals are now intermixed and narrow CW
filters are not as effective as before. WA3EOQ