[VHFcontesting] Good frequencies for 2m CW & SSB?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Good frequencies for 2m CW & SSB?
From: Jim Smith <ars.kk0u@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 08:30:54 -0600
Finally, after 30+ years of being a ham, I get to dip my toe into the VHF
contest beyond 6m.

I have an old, and somewhat flaky, IC-275H coupled with a 14-element yagi
to get on the contest this weekend (from EM48to).  The flaky bit of the old
rig is that frequency control is *not* available from the VCO knob (I'm
guessing the phototransistors are cooked), and neither N1MM+ nor DXLog can
get the radio to recognized frequency input with the computer keypad.

The UP/DWN buttons on the mic work though,  ;)

So, I'm programming some frequencies into the memories of this rig.  I've
got
- 144.175 CW
- 144.200 SSB
Any other common watering holes I should program in?

This is my first foray into 2m CW/SSB, so I'm a complete newbie here.

Thanks for any tips/tricks you can supply.

73, Jim KK0U