[VHFcontesting] KG6CIH/R contest plans

To: NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KG6CIH/R contest plans
From: Chris Lumens <chris@lumensoutdoors.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 18:29:39 -0500
My original plans were to go roving starting in PA and work my way back
into New England on Sunday.  However, due to snow in NY/NJ/PA today, I
decided to skip driving down there.  I will be sticking to New England
grids.  Here's my plan:

Saturday
========
* 2:00pm - 4:30pm : FN32ou, Hogback VT
* 6:15pm - 6:45pm : FN33wb, Stoddard NH
  This is a very quick stop kind of in a hole.  If you hear me, we can
  work but I'm not going to go looking for people.
* 8:00pm - 9:30pm : FN43cd, Henniker NH

Sunday
======
* 10:00am - 12:00pm : FN31mh, Hammonasset Beach CT
  This is a new site for me.  I'll be looking south towards PA and
  Long Island here especially.
* 1:30pm  - 3:30pm  : FN41bp, Ekonk Hill CT
  This is also a new site for me.
* 5:00pm  - 7:00pm  : FN42fg, Westborough MA

It's only an hour home for me after the last grid, so if it's active I
can hang around longer.  I expect it to be very cold, and I've taken
some steps to deal with that, but we'll see.

I have all bands with real power and antennas through 10 GHz, plus some
goofy stuff if you're close by.  I expect to be calling around 50.165,
144.215, 222.215, and 432.115.  Above that, it's all the .100 calling
frequencies.

Feel free to text or call - my number is in the W3SZ database.  I will
be ignoring digital modes this contest and I do not do any chat pages
while roving.

--
Chris Lumens - KG6CIH
Hike * MTB * XC Ski * Haskell