Re: [VHFcontesting] logging

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] logging
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 12:05:40 -0500
But what if the other guy wants confirmation? I just can't think only of
myself. I've gotten on the ARRL DX Contest and had people in the USA
repeatedly call me. I had to work them to get them off my frequency. And
they almost always want some sort of confirmation after the contest.

On VHF, you may just happen to be a new grid for someone. If you're not
going to QSL in some form, might as well just stay off the air.

73, Zack W9SZ

On Tue, Aug 8, 2023 at 10:35 AM Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 8, 2023 at 10:30 AM Herb Krumich via VHFcontesting
> <vhfcontesting@contesting.com> wrote:
> >
> > When and how did all this logging situation start happening ?
>
> Well, it was a license requirement into the 1970s at least, maybe
> early 1980s.  I've only been a ham 32 years and logging was not
> required then.
>
> Unless you entered a contest, then the sponsor requires it.
>
> If you don't like contests and don't want QSLs of any sort, you should
> definitely not log at all.
>

> --
> Peter Laws | N5UWY / VE2UWY | plaws0 gmail com | Travel by Train!
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>