[VHFcontesting] Re TT rotor question

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re TT rotor question
From: Donald Fox via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023 00:23:26 +0000 (UTC)
Lloyd, Ray, et all:
Good information all the way around. In my scenario, I have two 50 foot R45
towers, with the bottom section 5 feet down in concrete. So, 45 feet to the top
plates with TB-3 bearings mounted there. TT's are roughly 8 feet down just
above the first tower joint. Ground elevation here is a bit over 1000 feet ASL,
and so no hills/mountains nearby to interfere.

The V/U tower has long booms for 6, 2 and 222, while the HF tower has a
Tennadyne T 8 right at the top plate, and a Mosely S401 40 meter rotatable
dipole 10 feet above it.

Decent wind loading, but nothing like stacked monobanders.
The S401 is 41 feet long, The T8 is18 feet long. The V/U beams are 28 feet or
less in length.

Don  N8ECH