Re: [VHFcontesting] Re TT rotor question

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Re TT rotor question
From: Tom Holmes <tholmes@woh.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 20:45:46 -0400
Back some 60!years or so, I recall articles in QST where an automotive coil
spring was inserted between in the mast above the rotor to absorb transient
loads, which probably helped prevent slippage without pinning. Personally, the
only problem I have with slippage is on a Ham-M with a large 2m h-frame, which
seems to be wind induced. Knowing the the gears are fragile, I have resisted
pinning and additional clamp gadgets. Have not considered the u-bolts might be
stretching or the nuts loosening, so will follow up on that.

From Tom Holmes, N8ZM