[VHFcontesting] 222 and Up Contest Rally

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 and Up Contest Rally
From: peter hutter via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 14:33:49 +0000 (UTC)

 Hello all,
It's time to dust off your microphones, keys, paddles, speakers,
headsets/headphone, and foot switches!
 There's a big push by me to promote analog mode activity this time by getting
on the radio and actually spinning the big round knob known as a VFO for
answering lonely CQs across the bands. Also, please call CQ often. This makes a
HUGE difference for everyone, whether you have a small or large station. Don't
ignore to turn antenna/s often, even to unpopulated and desolate regions of
this beautiful blue planet of ours. There's probably an isolated station out in
the boondocks calling CQ  continuously, only greeted by a self inflicted hoarse
throat.  It seems that we're relying solely on chat pages and the like for
making contacts. That's one reason why the bands sound so DEAD during a
contest, particully in recent times. Yes the digital modes contributes to the
problem, but not all of it. It's very easy to sit on a single frequency and let
the wonderful software to do all the work. This makes us all complacent,
including me. It's like being drawn into the event horizon of a massive black
hole and never return. Suddenly this behavior sucks all the critical mass into
a 2 KHz channel out of many MHz of bandwidth available to us. Think about the
consequences of this. Not good.
Bands must be percolating with activity everwhere as if you're brewing a fresh
pot of coffee after you wake up from a deep slumber.
N2NC and I are planning to operate again from FN24VR during the contest. We'll
be on 222, 432, and 1296. KW for lower two bands and 100W plus a pair of
loopers for1296. Maybe we'll double our QSO total on 1296 from two to four.

So get on the radio and make noise whether the conditions are poor or decent.
Just have fun and say hello to everyone. Remember you only live once.Good luck.
73,Peter WW2Y
_._,_._,_Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#5829) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic|
New Topic
Your Subscription |Contact Group Owner |Unsubscribe [pdhutter@yahoo.com]

_._,_._,_