[VHFcontesting] To Muddy The waters further (from left coast)

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] To Muddy The waters further (from left coast)
From: peter h via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 23:47:45 +0000 (UTC)
My DM04ne home QTH is surrounded by high mountains & hills in all directions.
As such I frequently operate from one mountain top in DM04 & sign portable. To
physically get to another grid takes lots of time & ‘nearby Locations’ in other
grids are not always that good. Then there is the quandary when you sign rover
in grid A, then travel to grid B, but never succeed in working anyone when in
grid B: that’s not a rover, but????
Sometimes I use k1fjm (I’m president of the Thousand Oaks end club) when I
hilltop & use n6ze at home.
I wish we could be rovers from one grid only, if necessary : activating:  ie
making QSOs from only 1 grid is reflected in the score.
OK non-contest weekend pontificators : time to go to get more writing done.
Bt73 Pete , n6ze of DM04 & /7 in CN87tw

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS