[VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Activity Night

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Activity Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 20:04:08 -0400
Hello VHFers

There is bad news from FN43 Mumbo Jumbo land.  It seems that through a mis communication I am unable to be on 222 MHz for the upcoming two Tuesdays. My request to make travel plans after Tuesday got re interpreted to make travel _*on *_Tuesday. I am very sorry but I will miss the upcoming Tuesday night activities. That is too bad because the Hepburn map promises that Tuesday will be a good night for propagation in the northeast. The past several weeks have been terrible, so we are due a favor. Unfortunately, I will miss both Tuesdays coming up. I should be back next Tuesday but after the normal activity period. I am devastated. I had to be talked out of slitting my wrists and then jumping off the bridge in Somersworth NH.  Normally one would travel to a really good bridge, but, being on a retiree budget, you have to take what you can get. The Somersworth bridge is only about 15 ft to the water. It was one of the reasons that I got talked out of it.  Big bridges are not so common around here.   So I am getting revved up to be back on 222 in the following weeks.

We have had an ungodly amount of rain up here and the ground is saturated. It has slowed down my work projects. I did manage to chop up about 280 ft of 1 5/8 aluminum coax with a copper tube center conductor. It was my old 144 MHz feedline that came down with the big tower. I cut it into 3 or 4 ft sections and am pulling the copper center conductor out and then stripping the outer polyethylene jacket off the aluminum extruded outer sheath. I am hoping to get enough scrap value out of it to help pay for all the shack upgrades being made.  The new solar upgrade is working well.

So please plan to be on 222 on Tuesday and I hope you work a bunch of stations.

73

Dave K1WHS