Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity etc.

To: Howard Reynolds <wa3eoq@gmail.com>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity etc.
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 23:11:00 +0000
HI Howard and thanks for the report.

I was interested in VHF early on, and I used a "Twoer" locally for MARS.  We all had XTALS for the local MARS frequency and we held a MARS net weekly.

That was a long time back there....circa 1978.....

For 2M CW/SSB, I used a home built 6360 transverter that made about 5W.  That drove a pair of 4CX250Bs to about 600W.  I ran a lot of meteor scatter with that setup.....BTW, meteor scatter on 222 using MSK144 is really a blast!  It takes a bit longer than 2M or 6M, but you can make contacts on 222 using meteors.....

73 Marshall K5QE