Re: [VHFcontesting] Why are no VE1s on 222?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Why are no VE1s on 222?
From: "Mike VE9AA ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 07:15:23 -0400 (EDT)
Hey Paul & Everyone !
Paul, Sorry to hear about Dave, W5UN. I had no idea he had passed. He was one of the 3 or 4 we worked on 2m EME from Sable in 1996 (CY0AA). and I worked him once/twice from my home as well. (CW of course--no digi!)_

Your experience mirrors my own, more or less. I think you have way more gusto building antennas, amps and all that sort of thing, that's for dang certain. I remember drooling over pix of your quad arrays back in the day and did eventually manage some 2 and even 4 bay 2m arrays partially homebrew....but those quads. MAN!

I recall much excitement working you from our FN77 Miscou Island trip on AU back what seems like 100 years ago (probably more like 40 or 45 yrs ago). To us up there in a mosquito infested tent, back then...that was pure joy!

Anyways, I won't wax too sentimental except to say it was a great ride and I am always looking for ways, such as yourself to put excitement back into my VHFing, which has pretty much gone dormant the past 5-10 yrs. I don't (won't is a better word) do FT8, but might do 222 providing I could find some gear. Maybe you can shoot me a private email and tell me about the MM xvtr.

Cheers everyone!
Hi Mike and all,

Sorry about the long winded commentary.

73,