[VHFcontesting] VE3DS 222

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VE3DS 222
From: Dana <ve3dss@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 09:00:07 -0400
Fired up Tuesday night for 222 but keyer was only sending dashes…
Turns out the dot wire was busted in the connector… poor QA whoever soldered
it… oh wait ..me…hi
Fixed it and got back on >

Band was very up and down, weather here was damp and chilly with some wind
picking up (we had a violent T storm here
Wed morning 6 am, hail and wind..heavy rain…gone east now.

Anyway ran with Dave K1WHS in Fn43 and he was in there weakly… but managed a
contact.
Ran then with Ron WZ1V and he was really weak, but Dave called me as he was
copying
me even though I’d moved the antenna from. 90 to 112 AZ…
I seem to have a line noise problem east as well, so eveyone heard me better
than I heard them.
Also, at that AZ Im shooting out over the lake south of most of the high
buildings and CN Tower downtown, so maybe im getting a  reflection spot
somewhere over the city … I also see this on Stuf VE2XX he peaks about 20 deg
off direct.

Then worked Al W9KXI in FN12 and his signal was S9 at the start with slow fade.
Worked WA3DRC in FM28 on 222 then we went to 432 and worked there too.
Finished up with K8TQK, Bob was 20 over here on CW hitting my AGC hard, so we
switched to SSB and
worked, chatted a bit and he was never below 5x6 here…

That was it for here, be back for more, and gotta fix my 902 MHz jumper around
the rotor, broke again…
- repeat after me - don’t use superflex for rotor loops… gonna change it to LMR
400 flex.. see how that goes…

73 Dana VE3DS