Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 activity night

To: Buddy Morgan <beamar@aol.com>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 activity night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 10:44:33 -0400
Hi Buddy,

We need to drum up more activity in Florida for you.  If people know there will be activity, they will get on, but the reverse is also true!  The N4SVC club house has a great 222 MHz  setup and I know that WA4GPM has gear for 222 MHz as well.  All we need is to get them in the shack on Tuesday nights.  With your location in Florida, there should be some way to encourage across the Gulf contacts as well. Most days, the inversion stops at the shore, but in late April and May you have the best chances of real great tropo across Florida and out 1000 miles across the water to Texas and such.  It would be great to cultivate that path.  I know that K0VXM did it, but he is now off the air I think.  Keep the faith and lets work on building activity in the SE.

Dave K1WHS