[VHFcontesting] SCAM ALERT - Ham Radio Equipment For Sale "Moving To Aus

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] SCAM ALERT - Ham Radio Equipment For Sale "Moving To Australia"
From: <ve3rwj@winsystem.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 09:32:27 -0400
I've already seen the scam show up on some groups.io communities I belong
to. I'm not going to include a copy of the email here, but I will describe
it briefly.

The email claims to be from a very new Technician class ham in Texas, who
claims to be selling many high-end Yaesu, Icom, Flex, and Kenwood
transceivers. Why? Because he is supposedly moving to Australia.

It is popping up all over the place, and responding gets you lots of lovely
SPAM.

Here's a video someone just made about this scam.
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPoX7hCHILs>

Be careful online.

73,

Chris