[VHFcontesting] IF Radios & XTRs

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] IF Radios & XTRs
From: Dana <ve3dss@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 13:11:38 -0500
I have been wrestling with sharing the band data between the Q5 5 band
transverter and Terry’s MOAS which I built up 10 yrs back and my K4.
I ran Terry’s box on my K3 just fine 6 thru 5760 … at the push of a button…
Then I got the Q5 and ran into issues ...
I had to modify the pull ups in the Q5, as they were too strong… also had to
mod Terry’s similarly bypassing the OPTOS’s and going direct into
the BCD decoder with pull ups…on a little daughter board, that I fabbed up.

All is sharing the ACC bus now from the K4 and Im stitching the station back
together with a few dozen less wires.
Terry’s MOAS will still be used for 2304 and up…

Also take a look at OK2ZI’s decoder/controller, that and a bunch of Chinese
relay boards and your golden too...
In addition, just to keep cabling tidy I made up what I call the K Box… which
has ports for the Q5, and 2 other devices…

73 Dana VE3DS
FN03