Re: [VHFcontesting] [222Activity] 222MHz Activity Night

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [222Activity] 222MHz Activity Night
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 06:43:25 -0400
I tried. I'm no big gun but was hoping to make a few QSOs with the newly reinstalled antenna. I didn't have my usual Tuesday schedule this week so I hoped I would be more functional at 7 PM. Nope! As usual I was fighting to keep my eyes open and didn't feel like talking. I called CQ for 10 minutes on 222.100 CW with no takers. Maybe my CW was unreadable! I was more asleep than awake! 20 minutes later I retrieved my face from desk where it crashed when I fell asleep, and then pulled the plug.

I will try to be alive for the 432 Sprint but don't count on it.

The good news is the 50, 144, 222, and 432 antennas are back in the air. SWR looks good on all and I can hear beacons on 144 and 222 so I assume all is well. I was going to leave these until Spring after the recent mistake/setback but knew I wouldn't be able to concentrate on the other tower project knowing I had left this one incomplete. Now the race is on to get the other tower repaired and HF antennas up in time for winter operating. Two days work for some, two months for me but I WILL make it happen!

73,
Paul N1BUG
FN55mf