[VHFcontesting] 222MHz Activity Night

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222MHz Activity Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 09:58:19 -0400
Tomorrow, October 5, is 222 Activity Night. I am not able to participate so am asking for some help.  All we need are a few stations to be QRV with a large geographical footprint.  Without them, many small stations will not hear much at all at first, and will do something else after 15 minutes of listening to noise. If they hear someone, they are inclined to stay longer and work a few more stations!   So I am asking for some activity from the big guys. You know who you are.

The following evening is the 432 Sprint and I am sad to miss that as well, because I finally got my 432 receiver to function well amidst the gaggle of high powered UHF TV stations. (There is that word again, Pete, K1PXE!) Yes we have a gaggle of UHF TV stations and they were ripping up my receiver. I got that all straightened out with a low loss cavity filter mounted up on the tower and was really hoping to try it all out.

Sorry to miss the festivities, and I will be back for the next activity time. I sure hope that KE8FD shows up so we can try some more 222 CW or FT8 skeds!

73

Dave K1WHS