Re: [VHFcontesting] MAST FOR ROVERS

To: jim@kc4hw.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] MAST FOR ROVERS
From: "Ron Klimas WZ1V" <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 09:27:05 -0400
Also - DX Engineering has 6 foot 0.12 inch wall 6061-T8
aluminum tubing up to 3 inch OD. You can slit one end
of these and hose clamp together for a rigid push-up mast.
I bought a 1.25 inch piece somewhere else to make a
8 section 34 foot mast with 2 feet overlap each section.
With rope guys at top, it supports small beams with rotor.
With 3 ft 1 in overlap it's self supporting at 25.5 feet.
73 Ron WZ1V